For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Before upgrading or removing the SCIEX OS software on your PC, back up the following folders to a safe location (e.g., network drive or DVD):
- SCIEX OS Data: This folder contains all methods, batches, and data. By default, this folder usually found on the D partition at D:\SCIEX OS Data.
- C:\ProgramData\SCIEX: This folder contains all security and device configuration data for your instrument and is essential to back up if you are upgrading or removing software from your acquisition PC. (Note: This is a hidden folder. If it is not visible, then configure Windows to show hidden items.)
Additional considerations when upgrading or removing the SCIEX OS software include:
- Locked files can be skipped during the backup process.
- Backups of the data folder and the ProgramData\SCIEX folder are required to revert to a lower version of SCIEX OS software from a higher version. If copies of the folders created with the lower version of the software are not available when a previous version of SCIEX OS is reinstalled, then it will be necessary to recreate all methods and reconfigure security because lower versions of SCIEX OS cannot utilize methods or security configurations created in higher versions of the software.
- Renaming the existing SCIEX OS Data folder is not recommended. We recommend that the same SCIEX OS Data folder be used for the new version of SCIEX OS software, to provide access to existing data, such as methods, batches, data, and results tables.