For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Even after resetting the mass spectrometer (by following the power-cycling procedure here), the instrument would not come back online after a power failure. The mass spectrometer's detailed status icon in the lower right hand corner of Analyst® software showed that the vacuum pumps were on and their status was normal. In addition, the gas settings on the regulator were also showing as normal, and there were also no kinks or liquid in exhaust line.
On some occasions, the mass spectrometer must be completely powered down for at least 1 min in order for the circuits to discharge and fully release any faulty information. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Vent button for 5-10 s to start the venting process
- Let the turbo pump slow down gracefully for about two minutes
- Turn off the main switch and leave the instrument off for 1 min
- Turn the main switch on to resume pumping down the mass spectrometer again
- The instrument should come back online and connect to the Analyst software.