For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The installation wizard fails or throws an error when installing SCIEX OS onto a PC. This will sometimes happen when installing SCIEX OS to a PC that has had previous versions of SCIEX OS, MasterView™, or LibraryView™ software installed.
If you received an error when installing SCIEX OS try these steps.
- Temporarily turn off all antivirus and malware software while installing SCIEX OS. Try to install the software. If an error is still received, then proceed to step 2.
- Open a list of all installed software on your PC using the Control Panel. Remove LibraryView™ Framework and ALL Microsoft SQL Server applications. If you see a .NET Framework application remove that too.
- Reboot the PC and try to install SCIEX OS 1.4. If you receive an error, proceed to step 4.
- Open the C Drive folder on your PC. Go to this folder, C\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\Data. Note: depending on your operating system, the MSSQL10_50SQLEXPRESS folder could be labeled differently. Find the LibraryView.mdf files and delete them.
- Reboot your PC and install SCIEX OS 1.4. If are still seeing issues, please contact technical support through the online support portal at https://sciex.com/request-support.