For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
This article describes how to uninstall SCIEX OS software and manually remove certain files in order to completely remove the software.
1. Uninstall the following applications in the order listed using the Control Panel's Program and Features page in Windows 7:
- LibraryView Application
- SCIEX OS Application
- LibraryView Framework
2. Uninstall all of the following SQL components:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup (English)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup Support Files
- Microsoft SQL Server Browser
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 ENU
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 x64 ENU
- Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer
3. Back up all the contents in the folder, C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data (or C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10-50.sqlexpress\MSSQL\Data). Then manually remove all of the contents.
4. Manually remove the folders at the following locations:
- C:\Program Files\SCIEX\LibraryView
- C:\Program Files\SCIEX\SCIEX OS
- C:\SCIEX OS Data
5. Open the local services screen in the Control Panel and verify that no SQL and no LibraryViewHost services remain installed.
6. Restart computer
7. Reinstall the software using the setup.exe file from the unzipped SCIEX OS software installer folder.