The CloudConnect™ AutoUploader Tool is a microapp that runs inside PeakView® software as an uploader service (a Windows service). Users may exit PeakView software, and the uploads will still continue in the background. The CloudConnect service is installed and runs in the SYSTEM security context, as opposed to PeakView which runs in user context. Some IT organizations block port 443SSL for SYSTEM level programs as a security measure.
The workaround in that case is:
- Run the uploader service in a user account Control Panel->Administrative Tools->View Local Services
- Right Click the CloudConnect uploader Service and choose Properties
- Go to the Log On tab and enter the credentials of the local/domain user (user may need to be local admin)
- Click OK. (You will get a message.)
- Stop the Cloud Connect Service by clicking the Stop hyperlink in the services control panel applet
- remove previous upload attempts by deleting the “C:\ProgramData\AB SCIEX\CloudConnectUploader” folder using Windows Explorer.
- The service should then be restarted or the computer rebooted/restarted.