For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
The taglet.exe error in ProteinPilot™ software can be caused by a variety of computer software issues and activities. These include:
1. Searching a new NCBI subset data base. (The error disappears when searching a traditional database.)
2. Setting the language settings in ProteinPilot software to a language other than US English
3. Installing the software on the wrong operating system
4. Incorrectly installing the software
5. Adding modifications incorrectly to the ProteinPilot DataDictionary and ParameterTranslation file
6. Importing a MGF file (Mascot generic data). The MGF output format itself depends on what file format converter was used to generate this file. Some MGF files define the charge state for MS/MS spectra while others do not.