For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
SCIEX's 5500/6500+ series MS instruments and Acquity LC components both use a similar IP address: 192.168.x.x. There is strong evidence that any similarity between the instruments' IP addresses can lead to communications problems. To eliminate the possibility of any IP address conflicts, the Waters IP addresses should be changed when a 5500//6500+ is present.
To change the IP address on a Waters' LC components, use the Waters DHCP configurator located in the following folder: C:\\Program Files\Waters Instruments\Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe.
- Run the configurator file and select Configure DHCP.
- From the server pull down menu, select Configuration Wizard.
- Select the Acquity instrument LAN1, and click next.
- Select the alternate IP address of 172.16.0.1 and click next.
- Click finish, and the PC will reboot.
- Power cycle all of the Acquity components. The reconfigured network card will hand out new addresses to the Acquity LC modules as they power up.