For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
To install Analyst® 1.7 software, SCIEX recommends the following minimum computer requirements for a data processing workstation (taken from the Analyst 1.7 Software Installation Guide):
- Intel Core I5-4570S Processor
- 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600Mhz SDRAM
Some SCIEX add-on software requires additional memory, disk space, and processing speed. Refer to the documentation included with that software. Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, or 2016 is required.
Before installing Analyst 1.7 software, log in to your PC as a user with administrator privileges. The prerequisite software will be automatically installed, except for the Microsoft .NET framework 3.5. On a Windows 10 operating system, if .NET 3.5 is not already installed before the installation of the Analyst 1.7 Software with HotFix 1, then the user is informed that .NET 3.5 is not installed and should be installed after the Analyst® software installation is completed. Users should contact their IT department to install .NET 3.5. Below are two procedures for installing the .NET 3.5 file.
Installing Analyst 1.7 software
A) To install Analyst 1.7 software on a PC purchased from SCIEX (and imaged with a SCIEX-issued version of Windows 10):
1) Download the .NET Framework 3.5 file for Windows 10. Use this link for downloading the software: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10.
2) Before installing the .NETFramework 3.5 file, go to Control Panel > Program and Features and select Turn Windows features on or off to open the Windows Features dialog. Make sure that .NET Framework 3.5 feature is selected.
3) If it is not selected, then select it to enable the install of .NET Framework 3.5. You may need permission from your IT group to do this.
4) Install the Analyst 1.7 software.
5) Check the version of the Windows operating system. If Windows 10, update 1709 is installed, a patch may be needed to install Analyst 1.7 software. In the Start search field, type "about", and then select "About your PC".
6) Install the Analyst 1.7 Patch for Windows 10 Update 1709, which is available from the SCIEX technical support team.
B) On a PC that was NOT purchased from SCIEX:
Selecting the "Turn Windows features on or off" for .NET 3.5 file is not enough to enable the successful install of the .NET 3.5 file. Simply trying to install the executable file will give you these errors:
0x800F0906, 0x800F081F, 0x800F0907
The following YouTube video helps fixing these errors. It is a three step process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDETpJbbGXk
After the installation of .NET 3.5 file is successful proceed with the last three installation steps from the instructions in Section A.