For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
To set up a LIMS test, both Thermo Fisher™ Watson LIMS™ software and Analyst® software (or MultiQuant™ software) need to be installed on the same computer. The Analyst software batch file needs to be created and exported as a text file in order for the Watson software to recognize the sample names. The analytical run sequence should be set up in Watson software, and the assay setup must contain the following information:
- Instrument type: select the appropriate instrument type (e.g., Analyst software for LC-MS/MS assays).
- Instrument interface: select the appropriate instrument interface (e.g., Analyst software is automatically selected if the instrument type selected is SCIEX Analyst).
- Use height or area: select an option from pull-down menu.
- Regression type: select an option from the pull-down menu.
- Import data format: check Raw Data as the option.
- Internal standard tab: enter internal standard name(s). Click Add.
Use Analytical Run Actions to transfer the created injection sequences to Analyst software and to bring data back into Watson software.
Transfer the Watson software injection sequence to Analyst software using the following steps:
- In Watson software, select the menu item Analytical and then select Analytical Run Actions.
- Select the appropriate run needed to create an injection sequence for Analyst software.
- Click Sequence File. Specify the save file name as the Run ID, the file format as SCIEX Analyst File (.txt), and the save file location in an appropriate folder. Click Save.
- Check Use Single Sample File Name (specified in the software's text box) for all samples in the run. Enter the single sample file name in the text box making sure that the file name matches the Run ID. Click OK.
- The Analyst software data file where the raw chromatograms are placed is named after the single sample file name.
- In Analyst software, under Acquire mode, select Build Acquisition Batch.
- Then right click the batch editor pane, and select Import from File. Choose any file format with extension (*.txt, *.csv).
- Select the file created in Watson, and click Open. Select the appropriate autosampler and click OK.
- Then select the acquisition file. Verify the acquisition file is correct based on the validated analytical procedure. Do not select the quantitation file or all of the concentration information will be lost.
- Update the acquisition batch file with the appropriate sample positions and plate type according to the final worklist.
- Save the acquisition batch file as the final run ID with extension (.dab) under the appropriate project and subproject.
To import the quantitation results table from Analyst software to Watson software using the Digital Interface screen, follow these steps:
- Log into Analyst software, and then save the quantitation results table in Analyst after the run is processed.
- Log into Watson. Open both the Watson software and the quantitation results table in Analyst software on the same desktop.
- Under the Analytical menu, select Analytical Run Actions in the Watson software. Select the appropriate run and click Import to utilize the digital interface to directly import the results table to Watson software.
This information is provided as a general guideline only. For additional assistance with setting up the Watson software with Analyst software, please consult your internal IT Department.