GenomeLab Human STR Primer Kit Locus Tags
- You must have CEQ™ 8000, 8800, or GeXP version 8.0, 9.0, or 10 installed before installing the GenomeLab™ Human STR Primer Kit Locus Tags. If you have a software version prior to version 8.0, please contact your local Beckman Coulter Representative to upgrade your software to version 8.0 or 9.0.
- It is recommended to perform Binning Analysis on a representative population of samples being studied to generate an allele list for each STR Locus Tag. Refer to Binning Analysis in the User's Guide for more information.
- Ensure that the extracted Locus Tag (.CQL) files are on your CEQ™/GeXP controller hard drive in a folder that can be easily located during Step 4.
- Launch the CEQ/GenomeLab software.
- Select "Database Management", right-click onto the "Working Database" (the database you would like to import these STR Locus Tags into) and select "Import'.
- Select the Locus Tags (.CQL) files from the location they were previously extracted into.
- The files will then place themselves under the Locus Tags Folder for the Working Database.
- Download the file, STR_Locus_Tags.zip. Extract the ZIP file into a new folder on your CEQ™/GeXP controller hard drive. After extracting the ZIP file, there should be twelve .CQL files present. Note the location of these newly extracted .CQL files.