For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures
Please follow this order to install ProteinPilot 4.5 beta:
1) You need to un-install any previous PP version.
2) Next install .net framework 4. Use this link.
After the install you should see this under Control Panel-> Add remove programs: See attached document, which includes screen shots.
3) Install the correct Software Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package.
The update required is linked in the latest release notes now as attached again. See page three of the doc sent previously, so this should really make the difference vs. the doc you have on your installation: See paragraph below:
Other Required Software Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) - Unlike releases prior to v. 4.5 Beta that required this package only for Windows 7, the C++ Redistributable Package is now required for all operating systems. The 2010 SP1 32-bit version must be installed prior to ProteinPilot Software v. 4.5 Beta installation. You can download it from the Microsoft Download Center at the location below:
Additionally you may want to update on Win 7 SP1 the
Microsoft Visual C++ X86 Redistributable 10.0.40219 (KB2565063)
which you find here:
4) After the install you should see this under Control Panel-> Add remove programs:
5) Install the ProteinPilot version 4.5beta from our webpage: http://www.absciex.com/downloads/software-downloads
6) Activate the software by going to "Configure", "Software activation", then copy in your AID key and get your Computer ID. Request the final license file.
7) When you receive the e-mail. Then copy this license file on your desktop. Follow the last steps under software activation.