For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
To use the Mass Spectrometry Imaging Starter Kit design by LaserBio Labs™, the tissue samples needs to be mounted onto a blank LC MALDI plate that fits a 123 mm x 81 mm plate holder. A starter template is provided here to create a customized plate for MALDI data acquisition. We recommend the blank template, 3x5 with 8 Cal Spots, which can be easily imported into the 5800/4800 system software.
The XML Database Import function allows you to import methods, spot sets, and operating modes from XML-formatted ASCII files into the 4000 Series Explorer™ or TOF/TOF Explorer series database.
To import .XML files into the database:
- Select File > XML Database Import. The XML Database Import dialog box opens.
- Click Browse. The Open dialog box opens.
- Select the .XML file you want to import, then click Open.
- Select what to do if the object already exists in the database:
- Add - the new item is added to the database with a different ID. The existing item is not changed.
- Leave - the new item is not imported into the database. The existing item is not changed.
- Replace - the new item is imported and replaces the existing item in the database. The original item is removed.
- Merge – new parts of the new spot set are merged into the existing spot set in the database. Information in the existing spot set is not changed. The Merge option applies only to spot sets.
- Click Import. The selected file is imported into the database.
- When you finish importing, click Close.
- In case of the plate template you would select new.
This template can then be used to create an user-defined spot set templates for LC MALDI runs or specific tissue imaging templates. The benefit of this template is that the user does not have to define each cal spot because there are 8 calibration spots around the MALDI plate already defined; this allows for an LC run or tissue sample to be further defined in the center of the plate. Please download the attached template file.