For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
There can be a multitude of factors that may cause inconsistent peak shapes. These may include:
- Unstable Flow: potentially caused by leak or clogging of the instrument.
- Temperature not in range
- Insufficient Equilibration
- Incomplete closure of the oven door
- Inadequate connection of the column leading to dead volume
- Inadequate Preparation of the mobile phase
- Column Issues
- Detector Issues
- Method Errors
- Wrong Wash Solvents
- Worn rotor seal
- Lack of calibration of the Mass Spectrometer